Pages

Friday, March 27

Getting down to the business of getting down



The "first" race of the year is just a week away.

Well, the amazing, berm-filled family reunion that is the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek was supposed to be my first race of the year.  Somehow it's gonna be my third... or fourth... or fifth depending on how you look at it.  I don't know if I should count the XC race at the Icycle (which I started knowing that I might not finish... and didn't) or the night DH race which I never even started because I crashed my brains out on a practice run.  Let's call it my third race then, shall we?

I'm signed up in the Duo Single Speed class with 2005 Minnesota Maple Syrup Chugging Champion, Colin Rohde.

We stand a chance at seeing the podium, but there's also a chance we might be seeing it from the crowd.  Hopefully Colin can deliver a solid enough performance to carry me to the top three.

And then, if all goes according to plan, we'll go halfsies on buying a shrimp boat... because that plan always works out so well.

I haven't made it onto a 6 Hours of Warrior Creek podium in years.  Would love to get a new handmade coffee mug, as I'm always worried that I might break my go-to mug and then what would I do?

So, the best way to prepare for three hours of hard racing next week will be milling about town tomorrow for many hours at a very social pace.

The Tour duh Charlotte is tomorrow.  I'll be ambling about and volunteering here and there.  There's about 120 people already registered... figure a few more will show up when they look at the weather,  54° and 0% chance of rain.  If I remember what my professor taught me in weather class in college, that means 100% of the times that the conditions have been similar, there has been rain zero times.  Something like that.

If you have any doubts that you are going to have a good time, remove them now.  This is the best thing you could do with your day (assuming you've already watched all the episodes of Breaking Bad and your taxes are done).

See, if you haven't watched all of Breaking Bad, that isn't even funny.

Anyways...

As always, I look forward to seeing lots of smiling faces tomorrow morning and hearing lots of slurred speech tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

watch yur azz

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Christie+Blatchford+Snicker+appeal+hides+humiliation+heartbreak+jailed/10923155/story.html